- 300 gr (11 oz) Ladyfingers
- 4 eggs
- 500 gr (2 ¼ cups) Mascarpone cheese
- 100 gr ( ½ cup ) sugar
- 300 gr (1 ⅓ cup) Coffee - freshly brewed on the stove
- Unsweetened cocoa powder to taste - for the surface
- Start with fresh eggs: carefully separate the egg whites from the yolks, whip the egg whites well as they must not contain any trace of yolk.
- Add half of the sugar to the egg yolks and mix well.
- As soon as the mixture has become clear and frothy, gradually add the mascarpone cheese. When all the cheese is incorporated, you will have obtained a thick and compact cream; set it aside.
- Now beat the egg whites and gradually add the rest of the sugar. Add this mixture to the yolk mixture and mix well with a spatula until it becomes a fluffy cream.
- Once ready, place a generous spoonful of the cream mixture on the bottom of your Whatever Pan and spread it evenly.
- Then soak the ladyfingers for a few moments in the cooled coffee, which you will have sweetened to your liking (we added only 1 teaspoon of sugar). First on one side and then the other.
- Arrange the soaked ladyfingers on top of the cream in your Whatever Pan.
- Cover with some cream mixture (make sure to level it carefully so that you have a smooth surface) and add another layer of ladyfingers. Cover with the remaining cream mixture.
- Level the surface, sprinkle it with unsweetened cocoa powder, and allow it to set in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Your Tiramisù is ready to be enjoyed!