- Pastry for single-crust pie
- 80g/1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 200g/1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 60g/1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter or butter-flavored shortening
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 350ml/1 1/2 cups water
- 1 egg
- 280g/1 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F.
- Roll out dough to fit in your Whatever Pan. Trim to 2 / 3 cm beyond the rim of the pan and flute the edges.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips into the crust and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine all-purpose flour, brown sugar and butter until crumbly. Set 1 cup aside for topping.
- Add the baking soda, egg, molasses and water and mix well.
- Pour over the chocolate chips and sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes and let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.