For the filling
- 575g/20.3oz Bramley apple
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
For the crumble
- 175g/6.2oz plain flour
- 110g/4oz powdered sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 110g/4oz dairy-free spread
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- Oat-based vegan cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Use the Apple Corer from Jean Patrique’s Stainless Steel Kitchen Utensils Set for Garnishing to remove the core from the apples. Proceed to use the Vegetable Peeler from the set to remove the skin of the apples.
- Slice your apples with the Chopaholic Oriental 3 Piece Chef’s Knife Set.
- In Jean Partique’s Plastic Mixing Bowls (medium), toss together the apples and powdered sugar.
- In Jean Partique’s Plastic Mixing Bowls (small), mix together the flour, sugar and salt. Incorporate the vegan spread with your fingers until it resembles a crumbly consistency.
- Layout the apples evenly on your Whatever Pan.
- Top the apples with your flour mixture and gentle press down with the back of a fork. This helps hold the crumbs together. Then, sprinkle on the rolled oats and demerara sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until golden brown and the apples soft.
- Let it cool for 10 mins. Serve with cream and enjoy!