• 200 gr butter
• 310 gr caster sugar
• 100 gr light brown sugar
• 270 gr chocolate (plain or milk)
• 50 ml golden syrup
• 4 eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla extract /essence
• 270 gr plain flour
• 15 gr baking powder
• 60gr cocoa powder
• Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Grease and line a 30cm cake tin.
• Place the butter, caster sugar, light brown sugar, chocolate in the sauce pan and melt gently on a low heat until it is smooth.
• Remove the pan from heat and add mixture to a bowl.
• Break the eggs into the mix and add the flour, cocoa powder, golden syrup, vanilla extract, baking powder and mix thoroughly.
• Put the mixture into the greased and lined cake tin and place in the oven.
• Bake for 20-30 minutes and voilà!