- 5 chicken thighs
- 1 onion, cut into small chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ butternut squash (600g), cut into small chunks
- 2 rashers of smoked pancetta, cut into small strips
- 100 gr chestnut mushrooms, cut into small chunks • 100 ml red wine
- 2 x 400 gr tinned plum tomatoes
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- Spring of rosemary
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Add a little olive oil to your skillet and start frying your chicken thighs.
- Season with salt and pepper and fry for 15 minutes on both sides until golden.
- Remove the chicken and in the same skillet start frying the onion, garlic, butternut squash, smoked pancetta and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add a dash of red wine and plum tomatoes and then add your chicken thighs, bay leaves and rosemary.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for about 30 minutes and serve!