- 4 Potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil
- Peel the potatoes
- Once peeled, grate the potatoes and onion.
- Place the mix in a clean tea towel and squeeze out the excess liquid by twisting the towel.
- Place the mix in a large bowl, add 1 egg, a good couple of pinches of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat a good glug of oil in frying pan and when oil is hot (but not smoking), add spoonfuls of potatoes mixture into the pan and flatten into patties. Flip over once golden and crispy (2-3 min each side).
- Serve hot. Especially good as a breakfast dish with bacon and eggs.