- 3 chicken breasts, sliced in half ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1½ cups breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ pepper
- 2 tsp Italian herb blend
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese/powder
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F.
- Tenderise the chicken by placing them into a bag and pounding them with a rolling pin. They should be about 1.3cm/½in.
- Make the breadcrumb coating by mixing all the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- In a shallow bow, place the whisked egg. Repeat with flour in a separate bowl.
- Bread the chicken by coating it in flour followed by the egg and lastly, the breadcrumbs. Ensure it is evenly coated by packing the breadcrumbs lightly with your hand.
- In your Whatever Pan, heat up the oil on medium heat and cook the chicken for 2 minutes on both sides.
- In your cleaned Whatever Pan, assemble by layering the chicken, mozzarella slices and then the marinara sauce.
- Bake for 14 minutes uncovered.
- Remove the pan and sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese/parmesan powder.
- Return to the oven and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve with your carbohydrate of choice such as pasta or potatoes.