- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1–2 green chillies, minced
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- Spring onions, optional
- Toasted sesame seeds, optional
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Magic Garlic Sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Line your Whatever Pan with a baking sheet.
- Cut your tofu into cubes with your Chopaholic Oriental Chef's Knife. Then evenly coat it with the olive oil, cornstarch and seasoning.
- Bake for 15 mins then flip the tofu and bake for another 15 mins until crispy.
- Make the sauce for the tofu by mixing together all the ingredients together. Set aside.
- Melt your butter in a cleaned Whatever Pan.
- Saute the onion and chilli for 4 mins. Add the garlic and saute for another 2 mins.
- Pour in the sauce mixture and stir until thick.
- Add in the baked tofu and mix to coat thoroughly.
- Top with spring onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!