- 1.5kg/50oz chicken
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup yoghurt plain
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp pepper freshly ground
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 3 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Clean the chicken and pat it dry. Cut deep slits into the chicken using a knife.
- In a small bowl, mix together the wet rub ingredients to form a paste.
- Smear the rub between the slits. Use the excess rub to massage all over the chicken pieces.
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade in a medium bowl.
- Place the chicken in the bowl and mix well. Make sure each chicken piece is fully coated. Allow to marinade for several hours.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F degrees.
- Place the chicken in your Whatever Pan, leaving a bit of space in between each piece.
- Bake the chicken for 30 minutes. After 15 mins, brush some butter over each piece.
- After the first 30 mins, flip the chicken pieces and brush with some more melted butter. Bake for a further 15 mins.
- Garnish with lemon slices. Serve with some Indian bread like Naan or Paratha with a side of yoghurt sauce.