- 1½kg/53oz whole chicken
- 1 tbsp sea salt flakes
- 2 small lemons
- 70g/2.5oz unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Small bunch of sage, finely chopped
- Small bunch of thyme
- 3-5 fresh bay leaves
- Place the chicken in your Whatever Pan. Generously rub salt all over the skin and into the cavity, then grind some black pepper over it.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the skin, then place it into the cavity. Tie its legs together. Cover and chill overnight.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Remove the excess salt on the chicken skin by dabbing it with kitchen paper.
- Mix together the butter, garlic and sage. Rub it all over the chicken, then stuff the remaining herbs into the cavity.
- Cut the lemon into wedges and place them around the chicken in your Whatever Pan.
- Bake for 1½ hours. Baste the chicken with the juices after an hour for extra flavour. You'll know the chicken is ready when you poke the thickest part of the thigh with a skewer and the juices are clear.
- Once cooked, remove, cover and leave to rest for 20 mins before carving. Enjoy!