- 14 oz New York steak
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- ⅓ cup brandy or cognac
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Crush the pepper.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper; make sure to coat the entire surface of the meat.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, fry over medium-high heat until just smoking. For a medium-rare steak sear for 4 minutes. Turn and sear the other side for another 4 minutes.
- Once cooked to desired doneness, transfer the steak to a chopping board to rest.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the brandy to the pan. Once the brandy has reduced by half, add the butter, cream and Dijon mustard; whisk until sauce is combined.
- Continue to cook until mixture thickens.
- Slice the steak into 1.5cm pieces. Pour cream sauce over the top and serve with your favourite vegetables!