- 4 veal escalopes, about 150g/0.3lbs each
- 8 sage leaves
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 50g/0.1lbs plain flour , seasoned
- Splash of olive oil
- Small knobs of butter
- 200ml/6.8fl oz. Marsala wine
- Juice ½ lemon
- Bash out the escalopes until they are about 5mm/0.2' thick.
- Place a sage leaf on each one, wrap with the prosciutto, then press another sage leaf on top and flatten out with your hand.
- Dust lightly with the seasoned flour.
- Heat the oil and the butter in your Whatever Pan and fry the veal for 4-5 mins on each side until the prosciutto is crisp, then remove from the pan.
- Add the Marsala wine to the pan and sizzle to make a sauce, scraping any tasty bits off the bottom.
- Add the lemon juice to taste. Put the veal back in the pan to heat through.
- Serve with a green salad and some fried potatoes!