- 2 aubergines/eggplants
- 2 courgettes/zucchini
- 1 squash
6 roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 795g/28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, from 8-10 leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven for 170˚C/350˚F.
- Slice the aubergines, tomatoes, squash, and courgettes into approximately 1 mm rounds, then set aside.
- To make the sauce, heat the olive oil in your Whatever Pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and bell peppers until soft, for about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the crushed tomatoes. Stir until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Remove from heat, then add the parsley. Stir once more, then smooth the surface of the sauce with a spatula.
- Arrange the sliced veggies in alternating patterns on top of the sauce from the outer edge to the middle of the pan.
- To make the herb seasoning, mix together the parsley, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, olive oil and garlic in a small bowl. Spoon the herb seasoning over the vegetables.
- Place in the oven at 170˚C/350˚F and bake for 40 minutes.