- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 500-600g pork ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 4 spring onions, cut into lengths, green tops finely sliced to serve
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 100g mangetout, cut into strips
- Combine the hoisin sauce, dark soy sauce, rice vinegar and water in a small bowl, then pour all over the ribs. Leave to marinate for at least 30 mins – you can put the ribs in the fridge overnight if you prefer.
- Heat the oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan/gas 3. Drain the ribs well (set aside any marinade) and toss in the cornflour. Heat the sesame oil in a wok, then add the ribs, garlic ginger and spring onion and fry until the ribs are golden. Season well.
- Add the remaining marinade along with 100ml water and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the red pepper and sweet potato and place in the oven.
- Cook in the oven for 50 mins, then stir in the mangetout and cook for 10 mins more.